Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I had a terrible situation with my Associated Bank Visa

Customer Question

I had a terrible situation with my Associated Bank Visa card. I was going to make a large purchase but earlier I had tried to make a purchase and my card was declined. I called card member services to check why my purchase didn't go through and was told that there was not a problem and if it happened again to call them back. Well it was declined and Im in the store with other shoppers and salespeople and because I thought I had no problem I called Assoc. back. I was confident there was no problem and because I don't hear too well I had it on speaker. Person #2 said that she didn't know why it didn't go through and gave me to her supervisor who very loudly told me and everyone else in the store that the bill was past do. that yes the file was marked that I had called but the resean I was denied was i hadn't paid my bill of $30.00 in a very loud voice and not very nice. He said if I paid the $30 the transaction would go through and that time I made the payment and after it was made he told me the account would not be updated until the following Monday. This was on Friday. I am beside myself. This one of the worst experiances of my life. I don't know why I hadn't paid the bill - I had recently paid the bill in full or nearly in full and I didn't suspect this was not paid but I called to verify so why wouldn't I take them at their word. I asked to talk to his supervisor but he said his supervisor would not be ablle to help.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: This is when my husband told me to hang up because I was very red in the face. They do not have a complaint dept.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called and told the person who answered the phone and that's all
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now because they put the charges throw I can't access the account becasue it is still on hold when I tried to use. Will I be billed for this
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you.

What is your question about this incident?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.