Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was rung about 2 weeks ago to attend a launching event at

Customer Question

I was rung about 2 weeks ago to attend a launching event at a venue in Auckland city to attend a launching event by JYS Corporation.I did not attend this event,but ticket number went into a draw to win a prize. I have been contacted by them that I have won a monetary prize. To claim this prize now they require me to pay $700 total to transfer this money into my account for stamp duty and accountant fee,as this prize money is worth $107,000....Would this company be genuine,as I am having doubts.
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?
Customer: I live in New Zealand and have been getting contact ph calls from Hong Kong
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I have won this money in a Grand Launching draw as 2nd prize in Auckland
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this stage,but I wondering whether it is a scam. Have not sent this money as yet,but they want a money transfer today.They have my bank acc no.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

It is a scam. You should not remit payment. In a legit prize you never have to pay money to get money beyond the initial nominal entry fee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forget about the ph call...I gather it is a scam,as you have stated above.

No need for a call. Kindly rate my answer 5 stars.