How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 665
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I dispute improper credit card charges?

Customer Question

How do I dispute improper credit card charges?
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 3 months ago.

You will need to telephone your credit card company and tell them that you wish to dispute a certain charge or charges. They will want to know what was the reason. You will need to tell them the reason (for example, a double charge, or a charge that you did not make, or you were overcharged). They will ask you to send in any documentation that you have that will support your dispute. Next, they will take some time in contacting the merchant to negotiate having the charge reversed. A dispute can take about 6-8 weeks, but can be longer or shorter depending on the card issuer's policies. Normally, if your reason for the dispute is valid, disputing the charge is very effective. Has this helped?

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions