Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My previous employer had BCBS insurance. Upon changing jobs,

Customer Question

My previous employer had BCBS insurance. Upon changing jobs, several pharmacies continued to bill BCBS because it was in the system and continued to go through versus applying it to Aetna, which is my current provider. I got an audit notice from BCBS for 13 claims from April - August, 2016 in the amount of $16,241. I Imagine the pharmacies received approval at the time of fulfillment. I am wondering who is ultimately responsible for the $16,000+ if for some reason the two insurance companies can't work out the reimbursement. The letter I got was from Rawlings Financial Services on behalf of BCBS.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this mix-up.

Unfortunately, you are ultimately responsible. However, you can sue the pharmacies for reimbursement for their negligence in not billing the proper insurance company after receiving proper notice from you for change of carriers.

Best wishes,