TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My mother, who is too upset, talked to metlife this week to

Customer Question

my mother, who is too upset, talked to metlife this week to see what her increase would be, A letter arrived yest', stating 125 a month, Today, the same form arrived WITH a cover letter stating 420 a month. I fear for her health
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: PA, Maam
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No responses today, new years eve.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we've been having trouble with metlife for 4 years since my dad died.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you see my letter/question above? How can they do this, and yes, for now I can agree to the 30 some dollar fee. I'm disabled myself sir.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again.

I read what you wrote, but didn't see an actual question. I'm not sure how I can help you. Are you just asking if it's lawful for MetLife to increase your mother's insurance?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to ?125 on the 28th, to ?420 on the 29th?
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again.

It sounds like there has either been a miscommunication or a mistake. I would contact MetLife on Monday to find out why there is a discrepancy between the two letters that are only one day apart. It's possible that they are for two different types of insurance, or it's possible that a mistake was made and they will inform you to ignore one of the letters. Until you make that call and find out, it would be impossible to guess which is correct.