Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I contributed $200 to metasensor through Inidiegogo. The

Customer Question

I contributed $200 to metasensor through Inidiegogo. The campaigner never provided the promised perk nor replied to my inquiry. What can I do about my loss?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have only emailed about it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The offer was posted earlier and the contribution was given by credit card at end of October
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately, in the terms of use for Indiegogo and other crowd funding sites, by participating you acknowledge and assume the risk that the project will not meet its stated goals. So, other than complaining to Indiegogo, there is really not many other options available.

Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
unfortunate for me.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.
Indeed. I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise.
Expert:  Loren replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Thank you!