Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I need someone to help prosecute the gentleman who sold us

Customer Question

I need someone to help prosecute the gentleman who sold us our home in 2008. It was owner financed. We thought in 2009 we signed the house back to him...never having missed a payment. We gave 32K down. 6 months ago we received notice of intent to foreclose. We still own the house. He has used our credit to obtain financing and loans. He never gave us a chance to negotiate keeping the house. We moved back in. He had someone lined up to buy the house at foreclosure.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: CA. Chapter 13 bankruptcy now a ch. 7 I don't know how to get him in trouble. He really did a rotten thing to us
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: just the bankruptcy. Which we only did for the sake of the house.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The lady who was living here was fixing up the place. she was going to buy at foreclosure and he was going to resale. so he had no intention of talking to us about the house and us keeping it.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Have you spoken with the Prosecutors office, Attorney General or went to the police?