Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Ty. I bought a 2003 jeep from a local family owned used car

Customer Question

ty. I bought a 2003 jeep from a local family owned used car dealership here in custer, s.d. I took it for a test drive and it ran very poorly and I went back in the out. maybe 1000 feet. I was told the jeep needed spark plugs and I agreed to pay the first 200.00. since I bought it, being told it needed spark plugs which I had put in by their micanic, ive spent more than 600.00 trying to repair the misfiring. I took it to the jeep dealer and the engine is blown. I then confronted Jason, the dealership owner and he said I bought it as is. my appointment today at the jeep crysler dealership in rapid city s.d. gave me the cost to fix my jeep, 4,678.00. I owe less than that on it and have been to Jason and his mcanic 6 times since I bought the car 5 months ago.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: aouth dakoda
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I moved here from maine 6 months ago.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure. I have a recorded conversation from today wgich isn't in his favor.
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?