Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Purchased my used car 9/10/16, 2 weeks later it starts

Customer Question

Purchased my used car 9/10/16, 2 weeks later it starts making this loud noise. I take it to the dealer I bought it from and they cannot fix it because it is a different model from what they sale. Then I took to a dealership and they told me the catalytic converter needed replacing, all fluids are bad. I then take it to auto zone a month after that because the engine light came on and they put the code reader on it and it read that the camshaft sensor need replacing, not only that it hard for me stop on brakes and it steers to one side.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: TN, No one is helping
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: YEs
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Was the car purchased as-is, or did you get a written warranty?

Did you have it inspected by your own mechanic before you purchased it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a warranty but so far it has not been able to help me any, my car is a chevy and i bought it from mazda but they cannot fix majority of the issues and I would have to pay a $100 deductible if I take it anywhere else, but the seller told me that it wouldn't even be on display if something was wrong with it, obviously he lied
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.