Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I just purchased a new car but I would like to return it and

Customer Question

I just purchased a new car but I would like to return it and get my car back that I traded in for it. Is it possible?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

From a purely legal perspective, changing your mind wouldn't give you legal grounds to get out of a car purchase. There is no right to cancel in a car purchase unless it specifically states it in the contract. And they never have cancellation options because they want the person on the hook as soon as they sign.

.

But from a customer satisfaction perspective, it is entirely up to the dealer as to whether they would agree to rescind the deal or let you trade it for another vehicle.

.

So legally you are stuck, but equitably, they might agree to work something out with you..

.

.

thanks