RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as Texas lawyer representing consumers
8534270

American Sweepstakes Network out of Paridise NV told me I

Customer Question

American Sweepstakes Network out of Paridise NV told me I had won a 2nd place in a large sweepstakes, that everything was covered except for a 1% gov bond which was to garentee the money was legal. That ament would be reimbursed at the time of delivery. SCAM or LEGIT???? I live in CA
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This is a total common scam. A google search for American sweepstakes network will not turn up any company website...at least not in the first page. But it will show several pages that report this company for fraud.

Ask yourself a simple question...did you actually enter this contest? If not, the answer is also simple, stay away...its a scam.

Certainly I would NOT give this company ANY personal information...and NO BANK INFORMATION and NO MONEY here at all.

There are multiple rip off reports of t his company just say no here and move on.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the information !!! Although, I did enter that sweepstakes.

Just don't send them money.Legally they cannot charge you anything to claim a prize.Thanks again,