Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

How do I get my money returned from Copy My Commission; they

Customer Question

How do I get my money returned from Copy My Commission; they advertised a 30 day refund?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been working for 10-14 days trying to get someone to cancel and return my money, but have not had any results.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Did you pay them with a credit card?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 days ago.

Look at the terms of service you had with them and see their stated cancellation policy. Follow their stipulated policy to get your refund. If they don't comply with their own policy, and you can't negotiate anything with them but you paid by debit or credit card, talk to your card carrier, which you want to do anyway to report the unauthorized charge, and ask them to initiate a chargeback.

If your card carrier or bank won't cooperate, you can report them to the Better Business Bureau and to your attorney general's office. You can also report them to the FTC.

Finally, you can sue them in small claims court for their breach of contract.

All of this presupposes that the company is legitimate. If they are scammers, you're not going to be able to find them and it will be a job for law enforcment. Then you'd report the fraud to your police and to the FBI at their Internet Crime Complaint Center at IC3.gov. In that way, even if the police can't find them, as the victim of a crime, you'd be able to deduct your unreimbursed losses when you file your 2016 taxes.

If you reply to me here on this question thread and give the website for the company, I can look into them and determine whether they are likely to be a scam or not.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used a debit card.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I think I would be better off to forget about I and get a new debit card, so they can not charge anything else to it; I have not used any of their services at all.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 days ago.

I agree that you need to cancel the card and get a new one. If they have your debit card and they are scammers, they can literally wipe out your whole bank account. You cannot take that chance and you need to cancel it as soon as possible.

But if you have the website for this company I can see whether it's a legitimate company or not.