Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I bought a new Ram 1500. Heater will not go to floor

Customer Question

I bought a new Ram 1500. Heater will not go to floor setting, stays on defrost. they have had it 2 weeks. If they have it 30 days or longer can I get a new truck
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Nevada. 2016 with 325 miles
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: took back to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
No, that is not how the law actually works. Under the lemon law and state/federal warranty laws, they have to have a reasonable time to make repairs and before you can claim a new vehicle or refund under the lemon law, you must send a letter to the manufacturer informing them this is their "Last chance notice" to repair the vehicle or replace it with a similar vehicle. You need to give them at least an additional 30 days to make the repair.
Also, if they have had it 2 weeks and they are unable to actually diagnose the problem within that 30 days, that is when you need to send the last chance letter to the manufacturer and then if the manufacturer cannot get it fixed, THEN you can pursue a replacement vehicle or refund.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.