Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Ms, My husband and just vented into a trucking business and

Customer Question

Hi Ms Wilson,
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: My husband and just vented into a trucking business and financed a 2009 Volvo truck in Gulfport MS from American Trucking. We gave them a list of items to be serviced and they did not do anything until the driver got there. The truck broke down on the way to Georgia and the sellers refuse to pick up the truck and fix it. What course of action can we take to protect our selves?
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: It is actually a used vehicle sold by a dealer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in Georgia and this is my first time contacting someone
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they gave him a warranty and agreed to fix things for him, then they are bound to fix them. If they are refusing to do so, then your husband needs to get an estimate of repairs and will need to get the repairs made and sue the seller for not fixing what they agreed to fix. That will be something that is up to your husband, especially if he needs to use the truck, to pay to get repairs made and then sue the seller for the cost of repairs for their breach of contract.