Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Thank you for your previous advice. I am the pro se litigant

Customer Question

Thank you for your previous advice. I am the pro se litigant coming up to trial for an issue that has been dragging on since 2010. My question is: do you have opinion on jury vs. non jury trial? The opposing attorneys witnesses are useless liars . I am confident I can expose that with ease. The factor is that the judge I met once pro se and he was not only rude and condescending to me but also a Born Again Christian as is the opposing attorney as are my cousins. When they joined that group is when all this turnmoil began. Really and truly I do not believe this opposing attorney really wants to go to trial. I think he is trying to bully me. I was thinking a jury might give me more leverage against him to make them settle. He thinks I am an idiot--and has pretty much said such. Robin
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Florida
By the way---back in 2011 I was wrongfully arrested. Once this is over I am filing lawsuits against the people that did that for no reason other than their own greed. I see you specialize in civil rights. It is quite a case.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A jury trial has a better chance for a pro se litigant to get a sympathy vote from the jury. If the attorney tries to bully you or if the judge is mean to you all of those things could sway a jury to your side of the case.
First thing is that you need to get a copy of the FL Rules of Evidence and FL Rules of Civil Procedure and you need to make sure you read them before you go to trial and have a general knowledge, because this is where most pro se litigants lose their cases, they fail to follow those rules and the judge cannot help if the rules are not followed and that is many times seen as being mean or disliking the pro se litigant. So take advantage of this information and read those rules so you can follow them as much as you can.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.