Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I bought a car but the financing fell through. When bring

Customer Question

I bought a car but the financing fell through. When bring the car back, I got into a minor gender bender. My insurance will pay for the repairs, but the dealer wants to keep $500 deductible for the repair and $1000 for depreciation and restocking
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I meant minor fender bender
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 7 months ago.

Your insurance company should have covered that amount for you. You can make a claim for that as out of povket expenses.

'Pocket

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeah what about the claim for the $1,000.00 depreciation. I thought I read if the car was under 10,000 the most they could claim was 350. Secondly I did not bring the car back like I wasn't unhappy with it the financing fell through

I agree with you. Yes if they are claiming depreciation then you are entitled to that as well. Your insurance company will deny it but if that is the dealer's estimation then they need to reimburse you.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated