Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was send a check from Bank of America for optional loan

Customer Question

I was send a check from Bank of America for optional loan products that I never purchased. What is my legal recourse?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 18 days ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
1) Have you tried to give the check back? If so, did they refuse it?
2) Did you ask for copies of the documents for this loan? If so, did they provide it?
This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I called to ask about the check they only wanted to refer me to the insurance company. I asked for copies of the documentation that I bought insurance. I have not received any. I also asked why are you refunding money on insurance I purchased. I have not cashed the check.
The letter stared if I have an attorney to them them know I have a check.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 days ago.
This seems a bit off. Is there any way you can upload a copy of that letter with your response?