Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I was a member of Jets Gym and after the required length of

Customer Question

I was a member of Jets Gym and after the required length of time decided I no longer wish to remain a member. I went to the gym and filled out and lodge the paper work to cancel the membership. This was some three ya ears ago
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I noticed yesterday they still direct debiting my account 23.00 each month . What are my rights re recovery of these funds. I contacted the gym in question and they don't have me on their data base. NSW
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I have approached them today and was met with a rather rude attitude.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO just my rights he was very rude to me saying I had only just noticed this after such an extended period..but I have been through a lot in those years and only starting to be able to function now
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
You are entitled to reimbursement. You should send a formal written demand and if they failed to respond then you could file a claim in small claims court.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating would be greatly appreciated