Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I have sold some goods from Canada to the states. A friend

Customer Question

I have sold some goods from Canada to the states. A friend is driving down and will deliver them. Does he need a bill of lading? I have a commercial invoice prepared
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Even though you have an invoice attached, to come through customs you are supposed to have a bill of lading attached as well. So he will need the bill of lading as well.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.