Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

In 1996 i purchased a 1993 skyline double wide trailer, took

Customer Question

In 1996 i purchased a 1993 skyline double wide trailer, took over payments from the couple that was livings in it at the time. After living in the trailer for 2 years I had to claim bankrupcty. I kept the trailer and made payments on it. In September of this year my loan had matured. The finance company that I had my loan with was bought out buy another company. this company said I still owed 9000.00. My credit is not very good right now. And they told me that I don't have a debt with them, they can not pursue me. I have talked with 5 people with different answers from that company. All I want to know is how can I kept this trailer. I have paid on it for twenty years. And I dont have 9000.00
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: North Carolina , it is 23 years old. It needs alot of work done .
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I received a letter from them saying that the loan was in default and they were in the process of taking action.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 20 days ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I am having trouble understanding your post.

On one hand, you said that they do not have a debt with you. On the other hand, you said that they said that you owe $9,000.00. Kindly clarify.

Are you disputing the debt?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ditech said that I have no debt. But they said I owe 9400.00 is an outstanding balance. I want to keep my trailer, they said that they will take possession of the trailer.

Thank you for the information. I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,