Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

In the state of Florida can I return a vehicle the next day

Customer Question

In the state of Florida can I return a vehicle the next day and terminate a contract to purchase the vehicle if I have buyers remorse?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Unfortunately the answer is no, there is no state law in FL that would give a buyer a statutory right to rescind the contract if they change their mind. The contract is legally binding the instant it is signed and only has a right to cancel if it specifically says so in the contract.

.

And car sellers never put a right to cancel in a contract because they want the buyer on the hook as soon as they sign so they don't have time to think about things and change their mind.

.

So I hate to say it, but if you signed the contract to purchase, you are likely stuck here.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks