Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I leased a 2007 Saturn Outlook from Holmes Motors on

Customer Question

I leased a 2007 Saturn Outlook from Holmes Motors on 8/26/2016 in Montgomery, AL, my check engine light came on 10/06-07/2016, went to Firstone thinking I might just need an oil change, but was told I had an oil and transmission leak. Went to dealership on 10/08 and 10/10/16 was told the vehicle had a leak from the engine that was missed before it was sold to me. I was asked to bring it back 10/24 because they were so busy. I did that and when I picked it up 10/26 the check engine light was still on and they claimed they couldn't find a leak. 10/27 they claimed to fix the problem once again, but from 10/28-11/5 the check engine light kept coming on and off plus the vehicle kept losing power. Dropped the vehicle off 11/7 and was called 11/9 saying the engine needs over $1800 worth of work, I just had to pay the deductible of $100 (warranty) but I feel that's not fair. I was told from the start the engine had problems they missed before selling me the vehicle and they had many times to fix it in October, now they want to fix it or put me in another one of their so called certified cars. I just want at least my deposit back. I don't trust them anymore.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 23 days ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Car dealerships can be very frustrating. In order to get your deposit back you would have to sue them for breach of contract and fraud. That would allow the judge to reverse the contract if you prevailed

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 21 days ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated