RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as Texas lawyer representing consumers
8534270

I was involved in a car wreck this past Thursday night. I

Customer Question

Hello. I was involved in a car wreck this past Thursday night. I was hit by a woman in 2014 KIA Sorento. I was in my 2016 Toyota Prius. There is an issue with her possibly not having insurance. I have questions about diminished value and other things. Please contact me.
Thanks
Greg
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Greg here if she doesn't have insurance if you have uninsured motorist coverage your insurance pays and goes after her.If your insurance pays they will sue her, if they get the deductible back then they repay you.But it most cases here hard if not impossible to recover.Your insurance has to repair our car or total it.Your insurance is not going to pay you for diminished value but they will pay to repair it less deductible.

I appreciate the chance to help please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.