Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I desperately need help!!!!I am a Platinum level member of

Customer Question

I desperately need help!!!!I am a Platinum level member of Diamond Resort s since 2008 (Member # 9-6372143). I have a mortgage of $115K with monthly payment of $2,700.00 and I have $35,000 in annual maintenance fees and I am current on all financial obligations and always pay on time.
On October 23rd 2016 my account was suspended and all my reservations were cancelled before I had a chance to receive notification. I was able to receive a certified letter from Mr. Benjamin La Luzeene from legal off only on October 24th, 2016 notifying me of the suspension of my account. The accusation was that I had advertised my timeshare on AirBnB.com and Redweeks.com. I was absolutely puzzled, because I never had an account or any association with AirBnB.com. I had an account with Redweeks.com, which was recommended to me by sales representative from Diamond Resorts in Maui during sales presentation as incentive for me to buy additional points because I was reluctant to do the transaction due to already had sizable account and my primary objection was I can use it all. She recommended using Redweeks.com as way to cover same of my maintenance fees and list unused timeshare (she even showed me the check she just received in mail from client for her unused timeshare). I used Redweeks.com initially in 2009 & 2010, but had very poor experience, so I used site for my personal use and very passively and account has deactivated status.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am paying mortgage and annual fees in time account deactivated I have loss almost 20K because some of reservations was booked using cash. I am paying mortgage 2.7K monthly , taxes and 35K annually in maintenance fees and Diamond Resorts did not reimburse me for any of monetary damages and resrtriction me to use my property.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I contacted Diamond Resorts legal department and CEZO David F Palmer with request to reinstate my account and reimburse for all canceled reservation for which I played with cash an points, they did not respond via phone on letter. the last communication my account will be suspended until October of 2017 and I have a financial obligation to continue to pay mortgage 2.7K monthly and 35K annual for the property they restricting me to use!! How it is possible???
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes.. My friend's parents died and she asked me in June of 2013 to take over the DR ownership because she did not want to pay maintenance fees and I already had timeshare from DR (at platinum level 75k+ points), so I agreed only in one condition if it not going to cost me more money to transfer and I will be able to use it without problems.
We scheduled conference call after June 14th 2013 from phone #(###) ###-####to DR Platinum Desk to find out about the process and rules, platinum desk representative provided us with instructions, rules
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I can suggest options for pursuing a claim and preparing. would you like that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.