Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

What type of lawyer would I talk to? I have an insurance co

Customer Question

what type of lawyer would I talk to? I have an insurance co that will not pay incurred health bills. They have a pre-existing clause
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: all bills went directly to the insurance co
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the insurance co says the application was not correct. If correct they would have turned down coverage
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please tell me the US state you are in.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I don't know where you are, but there are lawyers who specialize in health insurance denials, and that is what you'd be looking for. You'd ask for a health insurance dispute or health insurance denial lawyer.

Unfortunately, we are not able to give you a direct referral to a lawyer or a law firm because that's a violation of the terms of service of this website. But I can direct you to the same referral services that lawyers themselves use when they need to consul with an attorney out of state or in a different specialty and they don't know of anybody.

An excellent source is your State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service. They charge a fee of around $50 for the referral but it includes a free consultation with the attorney they refer you to. You can contact them here. Just click on your state.

There are also commercial referral services, where you can search by subject area and location. A popular one that's been around for many, many years is Martindale.com. Many of Martindale's lawyers are peer and client rated to help you narrow down your choices.

Good luck

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.