Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I run a collision center in the state of Hawaii and the

Customer Question

I run a collision center in the state of Hawaii and the insurance companies are acting bad faith with our clients by way of Steering, price fixing and unfair trade practice by using a contract rate to impose that on us and limit payments.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have consumers file with the localy DCCA and insurance commissionor office but that goes NO where, as the DCCA and commissioner thinks its ok for what the ins. comp is doing,. We have issues with them telling consumers if they come here they will end up paying the difference out to pocket but when we ask them to provide us a survey they did of the rates in my area, they don't send anything. We have provide them a survey from a 3rd party vendor and they are still using a 3rd party contract rate to control the prices
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for the information. Can you please tell me what your legal question is? Also, in what way is your business being directly affected by this action on the part of the insurance companies?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need assistance in the insurance companies price fixing by way of a 3rd party contract, also they steer customers away saying the consumer will be responsible for any difference over the insurance estimate, which is NOT true. also, one just straight out lied to a consumer, the customer when getting her estimate from Farmers request to use us as a repairer, the insurance appraiser told her if she comes here she will have issues then when she still insist on coming here, he told her he called us to take her and we declined saying we were backed up for 2 months but the appraiser never called us at all. Just to inform you this was my Aunty they tried to steer but she never told them who she was until I emailed the appraiser. He than called her a liar, well, not in that words but plan out said, he never said anything to her and that she never asked to come here. My Aunty is 80 years old, she has NO reason to lie or this is NOT her profession therefore, its not something she would know or what to say...
Can you help, pls.

Thank you for your reply. It is important that you understand that this is not a personal representation or assistance Site. This is a Site that answers legal questions. We cannot form attorney-client relationships with customers, nor can we assist them directly. We answer legal questions by providing information and discussing options. If that is what you are looking for, please let me know and ask your specific question. Otherwise, if you are looking for an attorney to represent you, then you will need to contact a local attorney where you have your business to do so. You can also contact the Site for a refund of your deposit if you do not what the service we provide.