Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I am interested in finding out if a lawyer can have the

Customer Question

I am interested in finding out if a lawyer can have the credit union place a tracer inquiry on a check that was written in the amount of 29,000 on 09/22/08 and cleared on 09/29/08? I want to ascertain who deposited the check and what institution the deposit was made since the credit union only goes back 7 years.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I want to know your response to my question.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

You could certainly hire a lawyer to make the request and, if they don't respond and you really want to pursue it, you could hire the lawyer to file a lawsuit and ask the court to order them to produce the information.

However, many credit unions do not keep information from this long ago. It seems to be common for them to keep the info for five to seven years.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

I was looking, before i got your last note, to see if there is a mandated time for them to retain records and didn't see anything specific.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 28 days ago.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.