Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought a used car for 5000 and it was a total piece of

Customer Question

I bought a used car for 5000 and it was a total piece of junk. I took it to my mechanics after they came back from vacation (1 week) and told me it wasn't worth fixing. The dealer said I had signed away right to return the car. They eventually took the car back and returned my trade in but refused to return my 5000.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you about the situation you have described in your post?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do I have any recourse to get my 5000 back?

Thank you for your follow up.

Was the used vehicle sold to you with any type of a written warranty or return options?

Did you sign any documents in order to return the used vehicle and to obtain your trade in vehicle back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Was sold to me as is. When I returned the vehicle I again signed as is for my car and bill of sale for there car.

Thank you for your follow up.

So, when you returned the used car you bought and received your car back, did bill of sale state that the payment you made for the returned used vehicle was non-refundable?