Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My sister gave meoney on several occasions when I was off

Customer Question

My sister gave meoney on several occasions when I was laid off and had to move to another state for a new job.i told her thanks but I did not no how long before I could pay it back cuz I was on a tight budget.she said don't worry about it I have sufficient money I did not have to pay it back.after six months past she called saying she didn't no she had to pay taxes on the money she gave me from a life ins policy she received.she wantede to get a loan to pay her which I could not qualify for.out of appreciation I said I would send money monthly five hundred monthly.i continued four months.i did so five months in a row .this month I have to move totalled the car barely had rent money.my sister is wealthy but wants to change what she said in the beginning.i agreed only verbally to send her money out of appreciation for what see gave.now she is threatening to call a lawyer when before she got a tax bill she said no problem u don't have to pay it back.ahain I said next month I'll send some period.can she sue or get judgement wages garnished in this case.do I have to continue paying her after she went back on her word and she is threatening and harassing me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

How much money did your sister give you?

Do you have any proof that the money were given to you as a gift and not as a loan?