Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

How are you? Good. Thank you. 3 years ago I hired Blue Tax

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. How are you?
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Good. Thank you. 3 years ago I hired Blue Tax to help me with some tax issues
JA: Glad to hear it. What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I am in CA recently moved from MA to CA
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: they aren't a manufacturer, they are a service proivder providor
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sure. 3 years ago I hire blue tax to help with some tax issues... 18k+ later; couldn't get a call back and had to hire a new tax lawyer to help with what would have been an easy case
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only
If the company did not provide you the service they agreed to perform with your tax relief, then you have grounds to file suit against them for breach of contract to seek to recover all money you paid them. You will have to take them to court in MA if that is where you hired them and MA has a very powerful tool for you to use to try to make them refund your money without suing, it is MA General Law 93A, the unfair and deceptive practices statute, which provides if they do not settle with you then you can sue for up to triple damages plus attorney's fees.
To avail yourself of 93A you need to send them a letter demanding your refund based on their conduct and not providing services they promised and give them 30 days to respond. Here is a sample 93A letter: http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-resources/consumer-assistance/93a-demand-letter.html
If they do not reply, you need a consumer protection attorney in MA to sue them and you can recover triple damages plus your attorney's fees from them for their failure to perform.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.