How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 115462
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have written up the facts about this scenario as it

Customer Question

I have written up the facts about this scenario as it transpired and I would like someone to analyze it because I certainly do not think my representative's choices were reasonable. He had, a short while before, sold me a health insurance policy and was hired by Mass Mutual just a few days before arriving at my home. In my opinion, he had not been trained properly and was ill-equipped to be sent out to invest my precious life savings on his own. I think the results speak for themselves. After losing my money, he moved (fled ?) to Florida where he lived for 10 years at 4 different addresses before returning to the NY/ NJ area, all the while remaining my so-called representative. I suspect Mass Mutual sent him away in an attempt to prevent a lawsuit.
I really need help here. I did not save all that money to live on Social Security and I have no idea what to do. I would appreciate any assistance you can suggest.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally we cannot represent you, so ultimately you would need a local attorney to sue them over this if you can show that you told him your needs and he did not properly set your investments in a reasonable business manner based on your needs. It is not the results as much as whether his actions were within reasonable business standards, even if they turned out bad and only another investment advisor can review them and has to be willing to testify to those actions being below the reasonable business standards in the industry.
I would suggest that to get this started you go to your legal aid office or local senior center to find the local pro bono or low cost legal assistance they provide and also bring the information to a qualified investment counselor to review his actions before you proceed further, since we cannot review those accounts and transactions on this forum.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions