Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My bank froze my account when I told them not to do so.

Customer Question

My bank froze my account when I told them not to do so. Their was a check written to me from a retirement fund, was forged and my account number written on the back. I called the bank when I got a copy of the check to learn which branch and if I could see their film of the transaction. They refused to tell me anything, and froze my account before I was aware and I had four checks returned and my electronic payment for my rent returned. I had sufficient funds in the bank. I have since learned more after talking to a bank employees not in the fraud department that the person put the check in the night box at 2:34 in the afternoon and then went inside the bank and asked for a cash withdraw that was $9 short of the check. There was an account number written on the back that was close to my older closed account that was crossed out, and the account number I had at the time. They were told not to freeze it and refused checks before they told me they were going to freeze it. I am really upset, as they are very difficult, just giving me a letter two months later to give to the businesses where the checks bounced after I paid the $25 and $30 penalties, and my house has been invaded numerous times since I moved here and the association said there were increase in thefts in this large cluster of homes, but refused to take my report. Said they didn't take reports. They also refused a neighborhood watch. The Property Manager was asked to cut the deciduous bushes in front as they obscured the front entrance of thie house from the street, and to help me replace a light on the front entry as a bolt was used I cannot remove. They did nothing so I cut the bushes finally and took more than two days. I have photos that I hope are on my scan disc to print. Haven't they they broken some laws denying my access to my money and refusing to pay check I wrote, and payments for rent made Freezing without notice tome. They did not want to tell me the person deposited the money in my account and they then withdrew from my account I found that out on the phone last night with another representative after hours.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have calaled the polkice about the thefts inmy house and an officer came to my house and I discussed the thefts from my house and thought I told him about the check as that was the primary reason for this call. But cannot seem to get a call that doesn't get cut off. I am fairly sure who is involved in this theft, and likely a couple of other people. She returned two blouses when I told her I wanted them back and had her hair on it, as I had not worn the long sleeve LLBean blouse. Should have bagged it right away but instead picked off the hair and then the bag I put the hair in was removed.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am on a lease. I have limited funds as my house hasn't sold. Just keep discovering more things gone, like tonight my induction cook top, and my Viking mixer, cost $350 and they don't nmake them anymore. I want to go into her house and am sure I will find many of my things. Had a large collection of Fetnon glass, $400 vases(2) and other pieces signed and numbered. All my boxes have been opened and gone though and spaces in boxes when I packed firmedly and tightly. Two expensive coats gone, and other clothes. Even stick of butter, a can of scouring powder, kithen utentsils, glass measuring cups gone, cooking oil out of the refrig, and on and on and on. To many to think right now as I am so upset realizing the mixer and cook top gone now too. I told the prop mgr, and she acted like I was off, and she sent someone to change the locks, but the new key opens the door as does the old key. She would not give me alock from the garage to the house, and said there was only one garage door opener, and there are always two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I cannot keep track of your questions or numerous issues. Could you narrow your question? What is the specific question that you want answered.

Thank you for your cooperation.