Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I had a trip to Hawaii on Dec.15,2015 and unfortunetly I was

Customer Question

I had a trip to Hawaii on Dec.15,2015 and unfortunetly I was hospitalized for 12 days and called and informed United where I was, I was told that no refund, but my ticket was good for a least one (1) year, I was planning on using it this Dec. 2016 to go to Hawaii, please help me understand WHY MY STATUS WAS A "NO SHOW"? Dolores Toombs
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I called the airline and was told that my ticket was cancelled due to no show.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What else do you need from me? I have a UNited record locator # GDB3YX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

I can suggest options for pursuing a claim and preparation. would you like that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Can also contest with credit card company as chargeback.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.

Is the answer acceptable?

If I can clarify anything, let me know.

Please rate me 5 stars for the answer.