TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Can I dispute a sales which I signed on the receipt "Sales

Customer Question

Can I dispute a sales which I signed on the receipt "Sales are final, non returnable and As-Is"?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Are you asking whether you can return the item that you bought "as is," despite the language on the receipt? If so, then I'm sorry to say that the answer is no, unless you have something else in writing that contradicts the language on the receipt. Assuming you don't, then the sale is final. In fact, that is the default under the law. Accordingly, even if the receipt didn't say that, you wouldn't have been able to return the item unless you had something in writing stating that you have that right.

I am truly sorry for the bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Also, despite the bad news, I would certainly appreciate it if you remember to provide a positive rating via the stars, as it is the only way that I'll get credit for answering your question(s). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.