Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Metro state University promised my daughter that she was

Customer Question

Metro state University promised my daughter that she was eligible for a student loan thru the VA because of my retirement. This did not go thru meanwhile she started and attended 3 classes when she learned their was no funds she withdrew now they want $3,235.45 can I get them to drop this it was their recruiters fault. They prayed upon an innocent 18 year old
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can under the implied contract theory of detrimental reliance. She relied on the representation made by the recruiter to enroll in the classes that she would not have enrolled in but for the representation. She can make a formal request to the school to waive the tuition.

Goodluck with your case,