Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have a situation with my car insurance company. They

Customer Question

I have a situation with my car insurance company. They require you to list everyone in your home on your policy. How ever when they move out they remain excluded from your policy unless you show proof of new resident for them utility bill and that is the only way to remove someone from your household list.
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: The insurance company
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes , My son lives with his grandmother Driver License and ID show proof of address but thats not good enough for them to pay for the clam.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I was just dealing with this issue today for someone in my office, what is your question about the situation?

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.