Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

In June 21 2016, I sent a letter to a car warranty service

Customer Question

In June 21 2016, I sent a letter to a car warranty service to cancel. They ignored me. July I sent another letter, they ignored me. I asked a company to help me get my refund. (In October). Now I can't get back half of my money because hey said that I was covered for all 7 months. They only respond when I askedanother company to deal with them.
I had already changed your service to another company since June, therefore I was not depending on them.
Couldn't I get my money for the months that they ignored my letters.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you with your question.

Do you have any proof of the prior correspondence (certified mail receipts, for example)?

Do the terms of the warranty specify any particular means of communication for notice (fax or personal delivery, for example)?