Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

I started paying verizon wireless via chase recievables in

Customer Question

i started paying verizon wireless via chase recievables in june now im informed it has been taken away and placed with another company
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

*Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

*What have you tried on this front so far?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i was paying 100 a month to chase receivables on a verizon wireless account i was in formed today the account has been pulled from chase and placed with another credit collection agency is this legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

If the payment plan/agreement you entered into with them allows Chase and/or Verizon to assign the contract benefits to another collection agency, then it may be legal so long as proper notice is given. It should not change the other terms of your plan; just to whom you must now send payments to.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well i received no notice
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

You would have to read the contract to see what type of notice requirements are imposed. It appears that you received notice here but that it may have been late. However, that would not make any difference IF the monthly payments you made since the account was assigned to another agency were and are still being credited to your account.