Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Question concerning a ups shppment Packages damaged claim

Customer Question

Question concerning a ups shppment Packages damaged claim denied and returned
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: still I amcharged for shipping
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: I sold two speakers on ebay and shipped them to buyer ups damaged packages picked them up returned to NJ and now still wanst payment for delivery
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a charge for advice?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Consumer Protection Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: I will pay them but want package at least delivered
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Ok
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They are not entitled to payment for any delivery and they are liable to you for the damage they caused to the package. So if they are refusing your damage claim, you would have grounds to sue them for negligence and breach of contract and seek to recover the cost of the speakers AND the shipping you paid them for not delivering and damaging your property.
You can sue in small claims without an attorney.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.