Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have bought a car, and when I went down to the DMV to

Customer Question

I have bought a car, and when I went down to the DMV to transfer the title they let me know there was a lien on the vehicle.
i contacted the lien company so that i could find out how much the lien is for so i could pay it off, and they will not allow me to pay it.
what i need to know, is if I have the DMV start the paperwork and get the car in my name, can the lien company still come and take the vehicle from me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately if their lien is valid they would retain the right to repossess. You could sue the person or business that sold you the car without disclosing or releasing the lien.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.