RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is award notification commission ascam? no they asked for

Customer Question

is award notification commission ascam?
JA: Have you been asked to pay anything in order to collect the award? If so, did you pay the money or give your credit card number?
Customer: no they asked for check or money order
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it a scam
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

As much as I hate to give people bad news, this is indeed a scam.

Award Notification Commission is a typical prizes and lotteries scam full of misleading claims and misrepresentations such as “confirmed winner”. They promise a large prize, but you can't win a sweepstakes or lottery that you haven't entered. And no legitimate sweepstakes will require you to pay money or provide a check/money order in order to collect a prize. There is no "sweepstakes tax", "prize collection fee" or anything similar.

And, if I'm thinking of the same scam --read the fine print and you’ll discover that you haven’t won anything yet. Award Notification Commission operates a sweepstakes. The winning number has already been predetermined. You must enter the sweepstakes to see whether your number is ***** winning number. If the owner of the winning number does not respond, Award Notification Commission gets to keep the big bucks and instead will distribute smaller prize amounts ranging from $10,000 to $50. And you can bet people don't get anything.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Was there anything I could clarify for you or additional information you needed? If so, kindly REPLY and I'm happy to help further! If not, please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Attorneys on Just Answer are not employees of this site, and are not paid until you leave a positive rating for our time and assistance. Thank you.