Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Ok last one.. with me saying i would start on so and so date

Customer Question

Ok last one.. with me saying i would start on so and so date would that be a contract because I was supposed to start Monday she canceled because she got bees in the house and had to get them removed but I still hasn't signed or have we talked about a contract but a date was talked about to start in Florida is that the same as a contract because we've mentioned it. And tell me how to reach you and I will I look forward while ago and I couldn't find it because I want you to get paid you've been very helpful
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You saying you would start on a date could potentially be deemed a contract, even if it was oral. However, once she had to cancel because of the bees, that promise to start on that date was cancelled based on impossibility of performance, since you could not perform until that happened. Since there is no written contract and you were never able to start on a specific date as promised because of the bees, there is no contract to continue to do anything at this point just because you talked about something.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.