Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Sorry for my English...Few days ago I was charged with a

Customer Question

Hi, sorry for my English...Few days ago I was charged with a shoplifting in Bellingham USA, Goodwill store on amount $50.18. I get Notice of trespassing for one year as well as Civil Theft notice ( I do not now yet how much i nee to pay and when)The police also were arrived to the shop and give me notice to appear at Municipal Court in Bellingham ob October 24, 2016 The offence on the notice says Theft 3rd RCW9a 56 050.... You can't even imaging what I am going thru. I am 53 old women NEVER have even parking ticket in my life> I Will go the court but I am very afraid. Could they put me into jail? Could it get me a criminal record? What should i do to help my self to avoid the criminal record and the jail time? Also I afraid to loose my Nexus card as well as opportunity to travel to USA. I ordered and have in my hands a CLEAR criminal record check from Canada to prove that i don have ANY criminal history .... Please kindly give me some advise . Irena
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: WA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I do not know what is mean. the shop give me Civil Theft Notive to pay fine thru www. PalmerPay.com also they call police and police give me notice to go to the Municipal court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wont to know if it is a possibility to avoid criminal record jail time and not to loose my NEXUS
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Are you a US Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident? If neither, then what is your visa status?

2) Have you been to court yet, or, not?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!