Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I bought a washer and dryer from conn's in Feb. this year

Customer Question

I bought a washer and dryer from conn's in Feb. this year and have had to get the washer repaired 3 times. No new washer has to be repaired in 3 times in 9 months so I called them and asked to replace the washer or come and get it back. they said if I returned it, it would be put on my credit report as a bad debt, I am not going to pay for a washer that is a lemon.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation.

.

When something like this happens, it is the manufacturer who is on the hook for any repairs or replacement. The retail store is just the distributor for the product. So if LG is the manufacturer, that is who you will have to go after for replacement of the washer. If you have had 3 repairs in 8 months and it is broken again, I would definitely say you got a lemon.

.

if if the manufacturer won't replace the washer you can sue them for breach of contract under the magnuson-moss warranty act which is a federal law which protects consumers from manufacturers putting defective products into the stream of Commerce.

.

But my bet is that if you threaten to file suit against them they will bet is that if you threaten to file suit against them they will quickly go ahead and replace the washer rather than be dragged into court to lose.

.

Thanks