P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.

What avenuess do I have to pursue returning a product and

Customer Question

What avenuess do I have to pursue returning a product and receiving a refund for a product in which the company breached their contract?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 days ago.

If the company breached their contract and they refuse to negotiate with you to solve the problem, your recourse is to sue them. You can use small claims court to accomplish this.

Small claims is a true "peoples court". The formal rules of evidence and procedure do not apply. So you can represent yourself (no need to hire a lawyer).

The process is simple enough. You head to the county court (the county where the company is located) and talk to the clerk of the court. They can get you the forms needed to start. You file the claim, serve a copy on the defendant and wait for your day in court.

In court, be prepared to tell the judge what happened, and bring in copies of any evidence that supports your case. IF there are witnesses who can testify about what happened? Have them come as well.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.