Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I have a checking acct. with dei Paschi di Siena a Sesto

I have a checking acct. with Monte dei Paschi di Siena a Sesto Fiorentino in Ital?y. I have been trying to transfer money from that account to an account in my hometown. The bankers asked for info to satisfy FATCA. After sending the info to them, I have written 3 emails to the bankers. They won't respond. They have even stopped sending me monthly statements. What should I do next and how do I go about in doing it?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they refuse to release funds, despite you proving it satisfied FATCA, then your sole recourse is you must have an attorney in Italy pursue the bank on your behalf through the courts in Italy. You cannot take any action from the US other than hiring an attorney in Italy as they will have to contact the bank and if the bank does not respond to the attorney, then they have to sue the bank in the Italian court.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.