Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I bought a used 2003 BMW 330i 10 days ago today but 2 days

Customer Question

I bought a used 2003 BMW 330i 10 days ago today but 2 days ago, it broke down and is still stranded in the city where I drove an hour away to visit family. I have attempted several times to contact the dealer I bought it from, but his assistant says he is out sick. What can I do?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: South Carolina, and no.
JA: Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Customer: No, Should I?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have contacted the dealer, and how much does this consultation cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 3 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; was the car sold as is, or were there any warranties or verbal representations made re: the car?