How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19021
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a credit car with Target. I tried to make a payment

Customer Question

I have a credit car with Target. I tried to make a payment online and for some reason the routing number or account number wasn't right. So with out my knowledge of this target slapped me with a fee of 30 dolors or more and does not communicate that the payment did not process. Rather than waving the fee for me today they butted heads with me over the phone and a result of this I closed out my credit account with them. Again I received no communications from them about this issues. I found out when I went to make a purchase at target here in San Francisco.I feel this unfair that they have charged me with this 30 fee as I am a paying costumer and was trying to do the right thing. By paying my account ontime. Most companies would wave a fee like this, so theY can retain me as a customer! What can you do to help in this situation?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Yes, I agree that it is unfair and deceptive act and practice for the company to do this to you. You can report the information to the Better Business Bureau, your Attorney General's Office and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Your complaint would be investigated and you would get a response. Hopefully, your issue would be resolved to your satisfaction, with the company refunding the fee charged.

Goodluck with your case,

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions