Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm in the San Francisco bay area in California I had a

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** in the San Francisco bay area in California I had a situation that my dog was impounded for biting another dog so he was titled as a vicious dog and to be euthanized under the vicious law guidelines so I took it to the public health department for a hearing prior one day before my hearing I was told by the Aspca that my dog needed emergency vet care next day I had my hearing and beat the case so now he is titled a dangerous dog and with the city permit for dangerous dogs I was allowed to have them back my question is Who is responsible for paying the emergency vet bill my dog was impounded for 24 days at the Aspca and had one week at the emergency vet hospital do you emergency vet came out to be $5200 am I responsible to pay or the county responsible because the dog was under their care thank you for taking my questions
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am relieved that your dog is doing much better.

Regrettably, you may be responsible for the vet bills. However, if you are alleging that the dog got ill because of being under the care of the County, you can make a demand to the County to pay for the vet bills and see what the County says about your demand. If the County refuses to pay or ignores your demand, you can file a Small Claim against the County and let the Court decide who is responsible for the bills. Click here for Small Claims forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your case,