How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56043
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I contracted for a face-lift with a plastic surgeon. the

Customer Question

I contracted for a face-lift with a plastic surgeon. the price was agreed and paid by me before the operation. when i was already woozy from medicine given to me for the operation, dr. came in and said we are doing a mini-lift. i barely heard her, and i knew of no distinction and i seriously do not know if i consented. i paid in advance, and i got only half the procedure. can i insist of receiving the rest of the procedure?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nothing has been filed and/or reported. I wouldn't know to whom i would direct the report. i am in Springfield Missouri. I thought of contacting the dr. first to see what her reaction would be
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it. contracted and paid for a face-lift and operating room. i got a mini-lift instead of a face-lift
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.

You have your choice of remedies.

You can insist the work be completed immediately or demand money back and go to a different professional.

If they do not agree, you can threaten and pursue complaint with the medical board, civil lawsuit, and malpractice complaint.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions